The Advantages Of CBD Products for Aging
You surely know the health benefits of CBD. It is a neuroprotectant, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory, and its effect on senior citizens is well known, as it hides the aging signs too. CBD is beneficial for old age conditions like onset of wrinkles, stiff joints, chronic pain, and delayed diseases.
How CBD works
CBD or cannabidiol interacts with the endocannabinoid system, a network of receptors of the body. The system regulates feelings like inflammation, mood, and pain etc. CBD and affects these receptors work.
CBD for Aging
CBD interacts with free radicals found inside the body as well. The onset of metabolic processes like the sun, radiation, smoking, and pesticides are the origin of free radicals. They are tantamount to anti-aging or skincare because they break down collagen, resulting in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You will retain healthy levels of collagen when CBD decreases the amount of free radicals, thereby reducing fine lines or wrinkles. Puffiness of the skin also causes wrinkles. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD, the fine lines will decrease too.
Drying up of oil glands also leads to the formation of wrinkles and age lines. The endocannabinoid system can regulate these glands. The sebum gland that is responsible for secretions of oil is affected by CBD. You will notice an overall reduction in wrinkles and dryness when your body secretes healthy amounts of oil.
CBD and Aging Diseases
Older people suffer from conditions and diseases like Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and arthritis, in addition to skin deterioration. Chronic pain frequently increases with age.
• Alzheimer's: - Neuroinflammation in the brain primarily causes Alzheimer's. Based on studies, the anti-inflammatory effect of CBD is effective at reducing it. CBD reduces the signs of dementia by interacting with the central nervous system.
• Parkinson's - Common symptoms of Parkinson's disease include sleeping problems, tremors, and psychosis. CBD can treat them all by acting as an inverse agonist in the brain. CBD calms the severity of these common side-effects of Parkinson's by working against specific neuroreceptors.
• Glaucoma -- Glaucoma, an eye condition, occurs due to increased intraocular pressure (IoP).
CBD reduces IoP too.
• Osteoporosis -- According to a recent study, CBD helps heal bone fractures faster and strengthens bones too. CBD, apart from reducing inflammation that causes stiff joints and achy bones is active in the promotion of cell regeneration, which supports bone health too
• Arthritis -- Symptoms of arthritis can be treated by CBD. The anti-inflammatory effects of CBD, apart from acting as a nerve protectant, help deflate problem areas. It prevents damage of nerves and also provides effective pain relief for this condition.
• Cardiovascular conditions -- Over time, inflamed lungs and blood vessels can cause a wide range of cardiovascular issues. CBD can lower high blood pressure by reducing inflammation in these systems, decreasing heart attack risks. This natural antioxidant by reducing the death of cells, works positively against oxidative stress.
CBD for pain
CBD is also successful at addressing two other age related issues: chronic pain and insomnia. In a recently conducted study amongst seniors, 61% of the participants cited `better sleep quality' and 'pain relief' as the biggest benefits of CBD.
That being said, let us evaluate the rise in the use of CBD amongst seniors and how they are using it to treat common age-related ailments.
More Seniors are Using CBD
As a plant-derived and natural source of healing, many adults are switching to CBD's health benefits for aging. It is in direct contrast to other prescribed drugs that can cause internal damage and have debilitating side-effects when used over extended periods.
Medicare reported a decrease in written prescriptions in states that have legalized cannabis use. Recently, fewer prescriptions were prescribed for chronic conditions like anxiety, pain, and depression. There was a decrease in the number of opioid prescriptions too.
Mikhail Kogan, M.D., who prescribes CBD to patients said that cannabinoids are tenfold safer than caffeine or Tylenol and 10,000 safer than opiates.
Cannabis can provide health benefits without the high of THC, which is why more seniors are turning to CBD. The increase in ingestion and increase of availability have helped too. According to a survey senior citizens initially ingest CBD via capsules, edibles, and tinctures, as such methods do away with the stigma of 'vaping' or 'smoking'. The popularity of topicals as a popular application is also increasing, especially among individuals addressing pains and aches like arthritis and other skin issues.
Growing Old with CBD
Irrespective of our age, research and scientific studies are increasingly proving the health benefits and positive effects of CBD. With its power to improve the health of your skin, address common ailment systems, and relieve pain, it is not surprising why aging adults are using CBD more than ever before. Check out Natures Pure full line of high-quality CBD products now If you are interested in soothing or healing your issues with natural CBD qualities.